Thursday, September 4, 2014

LIFE OF AN INTERIOR DESIGNER

PHOTOBOOTH during the working hours ?
     Complete 3 and a half years diploma in interior design. what a relief! First come to my mind is "imma gonna design something awesome / bombastic interior just like what i did in my final." We used to train our mind ever since we enter design college,we think we are different or way more creative compared to others faculty. In my own opinion , its depends on your enthusiasm towards designing industry. You might be a draft person , home decorators ,design consultant ,sale designer or a contractor ? This is gonna be a long & tough journey.If you choose to survive in this industry .

      Let's talk about my job scope in my current workplace.I joined this design firm since Feb , i was extremely exciting to work for the first month. My daily routine of the first month is checking out new material, drafting out tons of layout plans , proposed space planning ,mood board idea and to assist my seniors. For the next few months , I continue doing drafts , a little bit of details drawing and 3D drawing.Once in a blue moon ,i did visit site to get measurement with my senior. I haven't got the chance to design something different by far;( Have you ever thought of Zahad Hadid /Karim Rashid design in your client project? Curvy shape ceiling /eye catching colors/organic shapeless furniture? Yes.....If your client has unlimited budget to spend .
 


This is true LOL

What's happening when the wrong CAD drawing get sent
 
What I'm actually doing everyday


 
Whenever there's an error in Autocad, remember ctrl-S every few minutes!
Whenever deadline is around the corner, reality is always cruel, time is always so little.
   
        What is the difference between studying and working life.Working is less restriction to it, the work you do with your hands/head is more valuable than just learning, some times you get challenge that you don't get by studying (depends the work obviously) and when you succeed you feel even better and of course you get paid that 's a good reward and if your good you get promoted and stuff, a unique experience.With studying its kind of the difference thing ,  you have multiple assignments, assessments and exams with a clock ticking down to their deadline. You need to make sure getting those assignments finished .Once semester end and you get your semester break for months. Not much stress compare to working life as you're the one paying for learning. I do miss college time but I rather to experience working life now then running from reality. For some reason , I always remind myself to be realistic if i want to survive in the society.

Le Boss always Boss LOL



 

 That's right! Hope but never expect ;)

-End-
  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment